Butter Rum Pound Cake Recipe
* 1 cup butter
* 1/2 cup shortening
* 3 cups sugar
* 5 large eggs
* 3 1/2 cups flour
* 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
* 1 cup whole milk
* 1/4 cup dark rum (you could replace this with milk+ extra vanilla if not using rum)
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1/2 cup chopped pecans
* Rum Glaze
* 1 cup sugar
* 1/2 cup butter
* 1/4 cup water
* 1/4 cup rum (Or you can use a little extra water and some vanilla)
1. Preheat oven to 325°F Grease 29x13"pans(or entire 12-cup tube pan) .
2. In a large bowl, beat butter and shortening at medium-high speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add sugar, beating until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
3. In a medium bowl, combine flour and baking powder.
4. In a small bowl, combine milk, rum and vanilla.
5. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, alternately with milk mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture, beating well after each addition.
6. Pour batter into prepared pan; sprinkle evenly with chopped pecans.
7. Bake 30-40 minutes (1 hour and 10-15 minutes if in tube pan) or until toothpick inserted into center comes clean.
8. Pierce top of cakes 10-15 times with a thin skewer. Pour Rum Glaze over hot cake.
9. Let cake cool in pan for 15 minutes. Remove from pan, invert onto wire rack and let cool completely. Serve cake pecan side up.
10. Rum Glaze:
11. In a medium saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
The butter pound cake recipe is ready...enjoy the cake ! Nice one !