Butter Pound Cake Recipe
* 1 cup butter
* 6 eggs
* 3 cups white sugar
* 3 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 pint heavy whipping cream
* 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
* 2 teaspoons lemon extract
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease and flour one 9 or 10 inch tube pan.
2. With an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time and mix well.
3. Introduce the flour, one cup at a time while adding cream a little at a time until all flour and cream is mixed in well.
4. Add the vanilla and lemon flavoring and blend well. Pour batter into prepared pan.
5. Bake at 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) for 1-1/2 hours
or until center springs back from small amount of pressure. Immediately turn out on cake rack to cool. The butter pound cake recipe is ready to serve....enjoy the cake !